This fund was created to keep Paul’s memory alive by supporting young people to make music. It was made possible by the kind donations of his many friends in the world of music and beyond on his untimely passing at the age of 60 in 2020.
Applications for funding will be considered twice a year and announced on 13 April and 8 October, Paul’s two anniversaries. The deadline for each will be one month beforehand.
Applicants must be aged 18 years and under. They may be individuals or groups of individuals working together eg in a band (but not organisations).
Awards will normally be limited to £500 and should not be for the whole cost of the project (ie we would expect you to demonstrate your commitment to it by part-funding it yourself).
If you would like to be considered for an award please tell us something about yourself, in your own words, covering the following areas (your answers should be SMART – specific, measurable, achievable, realistic and timely):
- What is your interest and experience in music-making?
- Do you have a particular project in mind for this funding?
- What outcomes are you looking for?
- How will these be measured / demonstrated?
- How much money do you need for this?
- How much money would you like from us?
- How have you/do you intend to raise the rest?
- If you are applying on behalf of a group, please tell us about the other members. If you are selected for an award you will be responsible for its proper use on behalf of the group.
We may ask you for evidence to support your application both before allocating an award and afterwards, to ensure our donors’ money is being used wisely. We reserve the right to use any evidence of outcomes in our future publicity but will respect your privacy should you so wish. For example, if you make a recording we would like to share it!
Thank you for your interest in the Fund. To keep up to date with what we are doing please visit us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/pswynndebaggemf
The Fund managers’* decision is final and we reserve the right not to make any awards in any given funding period if we do not receive applications which meet our criteria.
Please email your application to email@example.com for consideration at the next available award. If you are not successful this time we would be happy to consider you again in the future.
Good luck with your music-making!
From the pswmf team *Elizabeth Saunders, Tom Saunders & Alan Bearman